Student membership in the G-I is open to undergraduate and graduate students who are pursuing an academic discipline related to the geoprofession. Student membership — with documentation of status as a full-time student — is free.
- Numerous networking opportunities to exchange ideas and sharpen your skills
- Local geotechnical group and chapter participation opportunities
- Educational mentoring opportunities
- Technical Committee and Task Force participation opportunities
- Awards Program wherein you may gain professional recognition
- Significant discounts on hundreds of publications, seminars and conferences
- Opportunity to participate in the many G-I Student Competitions
- Opportunity to form a Graduate Student Organization at your school
- Opportunity to apply for a Travel Stipend to attend the annual Congress and the Organizational Member/Student Career Fair
- Small Grants Program for Graduate Student Organizations
Become a Student Member
Download the Student Application, complete both sides of the application, and return it with official proof of full-time student enrollment (not a copy of your ID card) and your expected date of graduation to email@example.com.