The Geo-Congress is the Geo-Institute’s premiere event, allowing for technical information exchange, education, and networking. The Congress is held in the first quarter of the calendar year. Join your colleagues at an upcoming Geo-Congress to experience:
- the Terzaghi, Seed, and Peck Lectures
- plenary sessions and breakout sessions with technical paper presentations
- short courses and other continuing education activities
- an exhibition hall for vendors of geo-industry-related products and services
- the G-I’s annual business meeting
- annual meetings of the G-I’s committees, councils, and task forces
- activities for G-I student members and GSOs
- events for G-I organizational members
G-I Specialty Conferences
The Geo-Institute hosts specialty conferences on particular topics or sub-disciplines of geotechnical engineering. These conferences are developed by G-I Technical Committees and provide an valuable opportunity for the dissemination of new technical developments as well as updates on the state of the art and practice. Any G-I Technical Committee can propose a Specialty Conference.
In addition to G-I conferences, ASCE hosts conferences in other civil engineering disciplines which may be of interest to geotechnical engineers. Visit the ASCE conference calendar.
Many G-I Chapters host conferences focusing on topics specific to their geographic area. Beyond technical updates, these events are often excellent opportunities to network with fellow geotechs on common challenges.
Co-sponsored conferences are those run by allied organizations in the geotechnical engineering field with whom the G-I has pledged mutual marketing support. If you would like to propose a co-sponsorship click here.