November 12, 2017, 6:00 pm
November 15, 2017, 5:30 pm
Visit the conference web site for more information!
About the Conference
On behalf of the Unsaturated Soils Technical Committee of the Geo-Institute (G-I) of the American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE), and the TC 106 committee on Unsaturated Soils of the International Society of Soil Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering (ISSMGE), you are cordially invited to attend PanAm-UNSAT 2017: The Second Pan-American Conference on Unsaturated Soils, which will be held November 12–15, 2017 in Dallas, Texas.
PanAm-UNSAT 2017 builds upon the continuing success of PanAm-UNSAT 2013 (First Pan-American Conference on Unsaturated Soils, Cartagena, Colombia, 2013); UNSAT 2006 (Fourth International Conference on Unsaturated Soils, Carefree, Arizona, 2006); and the seminal EXPANSIVE’92 (Seventh International Conference on Expansive Soils, Dallas, Texas, 1992).
PanAm-UNSAT 2017 will follow this series of successful regional and international conferences on Unsaturated Soils, bringing together researchers, practitioners, students and policy makers from around the world, particularly the Americas, to share the latest research advances, engineering applications, and pedagogical approaches in the unsaturated soil mechanics discipline. Focusing on characterization, modeling, design, construction, and field performance, the conference program will include a number of activities:
- Short Courses
- Keynotes/State-of-the-Art/State-of-the-Practice lectures
- Multi-Session Symposium honoring Professor Del Fredlund
- Technical Sessions
- Panel Discussions
- Social and Networking Opportunities
- Student Program
Conference topics will include:
- Stress State Quantification
- Experimental Laboratory and In Situ Testing
- Unsaturated Rock Behavior
- Unsaturated Permafrost Behavior
- Fundamentals: Flow Processes, Shear Strength, Stiffness and Dynamic Response, Volume Change
- Numerical and Constitutive Modeling in Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Applications: Cohesive-Frictional Soils, Collapsible Soils, Expansive Soils, Slope Stability, Landfills, Pavements, Foundations
- Energy Geotechnics
- Other Unsaturated Soil Subjects
Drafting your paper? Check out these conference paper author resources.