June 10, 2018, 4:00 pm
June 13, 2018, 3:00 pm
GEESD V is the fifth decennial Geotechnical Earthquake Engineering and Soil Dynamics Conference organized by the Earthquake Engineering and Soil Dynamics Committee of the Geo-Institute. GEESD V follows the highly successful GEESD conferences in Sacramento, California (2008), Seattle, Washington (1998), Park City, Utah (1988), and Pasadena, California (1978).
Come join the broad community of geoprofessionals working on earthquake engineering and soil dynamics problems at this comprehensive examination of our technical disciplines. The coverage will be diverse, including case histories and practice-oriented papers, recent research findings, innovative technologies and the emerging arts across many of our disciplines. Professional engineers, researchers, specialty contractors, regulators, educators, and students will interact across a broad range of keynote and theme lectures, technical sessions, short courses, workshops, discussions, and equipment demonstrations.
- TOPIC A/ Induced Seismicity
- TOPIC B/ Ground Motions and Site Response
- TOPIC C/ Seismic Hazard Assessment
- TOPIC D/ Recent Advances in In Situ Site Characterization
- TOPIC E/ Liquefaction: Triggering, Consequences, and Mitigation
- TOPIC F/ Regional Scale Assessment of GeoHazards
- TOPIC G/ Applications of Remote Sensing
- TOPIC H/ Recent Advances in Numerical Modeling
- TOPIC I/ Recent Advances in Physical Modeling
- TOPIC J/ Laboratory Testing
- TOPIC K/ Seismic Slope Stability and Landslides
- TOPIC L/ Other
Visit http://www.geesdconference.org for more information. Registration will open in January 2018.