Geo-Structures 2024 | Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Call for Abstracts is Now Open!
Abstracts must be submitted via the online CATALYST Submission Management System.
Information about how to log into CATALYST, create a new account, and navigate through the submission process is available.
Abstracts submission has been extended to October 6, 2023 at 11:59 PM EST
Geo-Structures 2024 aims to provide a forum for engineers, contractors, regulatory agencies, students and developers/owners to discuss innovation and advancements in design and construction of ERS. The organizing committee will call for papers to include in a proceeding’s manual and present during the conference. The proceedings will subsequently be published in a GSP.
Geo-Structures 2024 strives to achieve the following objectives:
- To discuss innovations/advancements in earth retaining structure design practices and identify gaps or points of interest in the existing codes.
- Bridge concerns between engineering and construction practices.
- Shared best practices and lessons learned from failures.
- Discuss advancements in instrumentation, equipment, techniques, and their integration into practice and numerical models.
- Develop ideas for sustainable practices regarding earth retaining structures.
- To share recent advances, challenges, and areas of future research on the short-term and long-term behavior of earth retaining structures.
Geo-Structures of interest include temporary and permanent earth retaining systems such as cantilever walls, braced and tieback anchor walls, MSE walls, gravity walls, soil nail walls, access shafts, bridge abutments, dock walls.
- Topic A:Innovations and advancements in design and construction.
- Topic B:Sustainable engineering and construction practices
- Topic C:Best practices, case histories, and lessons learned.
- Topic D:Advancements in instrumentation and monitoring.
- Topic E:Bridging engineering and construction practices.
- Topic F:Risk considerations in the selection, design, procurement, and construction processes.
- Topic G:Asset management, life cycle evaluation, and environmental considerations.
- Topic H:Performance-based design and impacts on adjacent structures
- Topic I:Comparing LRFD & ASD in design: when and where.
- Topic J:Short and long-term design criteria
- Topic K:Dynamic performance of earth retaining structures.
- Topic L:Big Data applications
- Topic M:MSE & other fill walls
- Topic N:Bridge abutment considerations: integral abutments, abutments supported by reinforced fill, interaction with embankment, and more.
- Topic O:Ground improvement for earth retaining structures.