Student membership in the G-I is open to undergraduate and graduate students who are pursuing an academic discipline related to the geoprofessions. Student membership — with documentation of status as a full-time student — is free.
- Numerous networking opportunities to exchange ideas and sharpen your skills
- Local geotechnical group and chapter participation opportunities
- Educational mentoring opportunities
- Technical Committee and Task Force participation opportunities
- Awards Program wherein you may gain professional recognition
- Significant discounts on hundreds of publications, seminars and conferences
- Opportunity to participate in the many G-I Student Competitions
- Opportunity to form a Graduate Student Organization at your school
- Opportunity to apply for a Travel Stipend to attend the annual Congress and the Organizational Member/Student Career Fair
- Small Grants Program for Graduate Student Organizations
In addition, ASCE has a variety of resources that G-I Student Members can take advantage of, including Mentoring, Career Connections, Scholarships, and Fellowships.
Become a Student Member
- If you are already a Student member of ASCE, sign in to your account and choose "Select Institutes and Make Contributions" to add the Geo-Institute to your membership. You do not need to complete an application to the G-I.
- If you wish to become a Student member of ASCE and the Geo-Institute, please apply online and choose the Geo-Institute as your Primary Institute of Interest. Student membership in ASCE and the Geo-Institute is free.
- You may also call ASCE Customer service at 800.548.2723 or send an email.