The Geo-Institute’s Speakers Program provides local G-I chapters, student G-I chapters, and others associated with the Geo-Institute access to geotechnical experts who are willing to make technical presentations to your group. Due to COVID-19 restrictions, there is no travel and no travel reimbursement for ASCE or G-I sponsored events.
G-I is sponsoring the Special Speaker Program via the Microsoft Teams Live Platform. G-I staff will run the meetings and provide support during the live event. Dry runs are required before the event.
On the Microsoft Teams Live platform, we can:
- Create the live event and invite attendees.
- Manage attendees’ reports generated after the event for Professional Development Hours (PDH’s) purposes. The G-I chapter will administer and record the PDH’s.
- Present audio, video, or a screen for the live event, or moderate the Q&A.
- NOTE: Presenters can only share audio, video, or a screen in Live Events produced in Teams.
- Allow viewers to watch the event live or on-demand, using DVR controls, either anonymously or authenticated. Viewers can also participate in Q&A.
- Record the events (all events will be recorded).
For more information, please contact the Geo-Institute.