Organizational Member Travel Stipend
Each year, the Geo-Institute Organizational Member Council provides graduate students, who are Geo-Institute members, the opportunity to win a travel grant to attend the Geo-Institute Organizational Member/Student Career Fair at the annual conference. This opportunity is open only to G-I student members.
Small Grants Program
The Student Leadership Council (SLC) Small Grants Program (SGP) provides Graduate Student Organizations (GSO) access to small amounts of funding for student related activities.
Grants are applied for by GSOs and awarded by a committee composed of SLC members. Successful proposals must have clearly defined anticipated outcomes with one (or more) of the following objectives:
- Promote the geo-profession and student engagement with the Geo-Institute
- Increase technical knowledge and/or professional skills of the participants
- Provide a valuable service to the community
2018 GEESDV Student Opportunities Application
We have two exciting opportunities for graduate students at the 2018 GEESDV Conference in Austin, TX.
- Student Travel Grants to cover conference registration fee and $250 travel expenses
- Featured participation in Graduate Student Lightning Sessions to present your research to potential employers and colleagues
If you are a graduate student who is planning to attend GEESDV in Austin, TX and submitted a paper for the conference, please fill out and submit the following form to apply for these opportunities. Note that selection to present in the graduate student lightening session will not influence the presentation of your paper during the concurrent technical sessions.