Due to the uncertainty for all of us and an abundance of caution during this time of global pandemic, the Geo-Institute (G-I) has made the decision to host the Organizational Members (OM) / Student Career Fair for 2021 virtually.
The health and safety of our members, students, and staff in is paramount and we feel that this will be our most effective means of connecting students and employers with minimal risk.
How does the Virtual Career Fair Work?
- The G-I invites G-I Student Members to submit their resumes by February 6, 2021.
- 40 students will be selected by the Organizational Member Committee (OMC) and receive a $100 stipend to produce a short video introducing themselves.
- The selected students will be notified by February 15, 2021 and will receive instructions regarding the required format and content of their videos.
- The videos will be due March 1, 2021. The G-I will collect the videos and post them on the G-I YouTube channel in private folders.
- The G-I will send links to the videos and all the resumes submitted, including those not selected for a stipend, to the participating Organizational Members (OM) by March 8, 2021.
- After review of the students' videos and/or resumes, each Organizational Member company can directly contact their selected candidates.
SUBMIT YOUR RESUME HERE by February 6, 2021
- The $100 stipend check will be mailed after your video is received.
- If you are not selected to submit a video - don't be discouraged! Your application information also will be shared with all participating OM companies. It's a great opportunity to become more visible and increase your chances of being noticed by prospective employers.
- Please note, the G-I in only providing logistic support for the career fair. The G-I does not have information on job openings with the participating companies and does not schedule interviews. You will be directly contacted by the companies if they are considering you as a candidate for a position with their firm.
The following companies participated in the OM / Student Career Fair in 2020:
- American Engineering Testing
- Bechtel Corporation
- Braun Intertec
- Exponent, Inc.
- Gannett Fleming
- GeoEngineers, Inc.
- Geopier Foundation Company
- GEOSLOPE International Ltd
- GeoStabilization International
- Geosyntec Consultants
- Haley & Aldrich, Inc.
- HNTB Corp
- Kleinfelder, Inc.
- Malcolm Drilling Co Inc
- Menard Group USA
- Pile Dynamics, Inc.
- S&ME, Inc.
- Schnabel Engineering
- Schnabel Foundation Company
- Shannon & Wilson, Inc.
- Terracon Consultants, Inc.
- WSP USA