The Best Chapter Award was established by the Geo-Institute to recognize a Chapter’s accomplishments for its members and its community.
The Chapter Achievement Award is intended for smaller or newer Chapters, or Chapters that have shown significant year-over-year improvement or growth.
Application Deadline: November 17, 2023
Each winning Chapter will receive the following:
- Two (2) complimentary, full-registrations to the current year’s GeoCongress
- A visit from a nationally recognized speaker to present at a local meeting,
- The Chapter’s accomplishments will be highlighted through an article in GEOSTRATA magazine.
Nominations will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- Holding well-attended regular meetings
- Providing quality presentations on current technical subjects
- Communicating effectively with local Geo-practitioners (emails, web sites, newsletters)
- Hosting or participating in regional geotechnical seminars
- Interacting with ASCE Branch/Section and other affiliated Organizations
- Interacting with and supporting G-I Graduate Student Organizations & Younger Member Groups
- Providing relevant ethics presentations
- Providing scholarships to geotechnical students
- Outreach: K-12 programs, public service/awareness, championing sustainability principles.
- Setting and achieving healthy membership goals
- Other notable activities.
The American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) supports and encourages the equitable opportunity for all people to participate within the civil engineering profession without regard to gender or gender identity, race, national origin, ethnicity, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, political affiliation, or family, marital, or economic status. The Society will promulgate and implement programs designed to advance the profession by promoting an inclusive climate in the profession.
To apply for the award, please download and complete the nomination form. After completing the form and attaching appendix items, print & combine the pages to one PDF document and submit to Krystina Scott at firstname.lastname@example.org or Geo-Institute of ASCE, ATTN: Krystina Scott, 1801 Alexander Bell Dr., Reston, VA 20191.