Write for GEOSTRATA!
GEOSTRATA's editorial board is seeking potential authors for 2022 articles and commentaries. This is your chance to contribute to the geotechnical community's collective body of knowledge while adding to your own professional resumé.
To submit an idea for an article for possible publication, send a 100- to 200-word abstract to Jim Withiam at firstname.lastname@example.org about 6-8 months before each issue’s publication date. Even if your idea doesn’t relate to one of the themes below, please submit it because we sometimes have room for standalone pieces. Because GEOSTRATA is not a peer-reviewed professional journal, we ask that you write in a conversational tone, eliminate footnotes and/or references, include case history examples, and include photos and graphics to support your article. Our readers range from students to practitioners to educators to constructors to product suppliers, and we want everyone to be able to understand our geo-specific content.
Now’s the time to get on board for the theme of your choosing in 2022. We look forward to receiving your abstracts! Issue themes for 2023 should be available by May 2022.
2022 GEOSTRATA Themes
- February/March 2022: Tunneling into the Future
- April/May 2022: Educating Geos
- June/July 2022: Geotechnics of Adaptive Management
- August/September 2022: In-Service Performance and Life Extension
- October/November 2022: Challenging Sites – Dealing with Extremes and Uncertainties
- December 2022/January 2023: Geo-Challenges – Where to From Here?