Research to Practice Videos
Check out all the videos on the G-I YouTube channel!
To bridge disconnects between research and practice, GEC members have created a series of 10-minute videos that summarize recent research findings and implications for practice.
The presenters and titles of the videos are:
- “A methodology for waste and soil fingerprinting using x-ray spectroscopy and microscopy techniques”, by Maria Chrysochoou, and Nefeli Bompoti, University of Connecticut. https://youtu.be/vIdgQLdaMkE
- “Design Guidance: Hydraulic Conductivity of Soil-Bentonite Slurry Trench Cutoff Walls”, by Jeff Evans, Bucknell University, USA. https://youtu.be/MbUkoCaVxL8
- “Electromagnetic Waves for Geoenvironmental Applications”, by Arvin Farid, Boise State University, USA. https://youtu.be/JVyqjcJr7XA
- “Coupling methane generation and biological settlement in MSW landfills”, by Xunchang Fei, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore. https://youtu.be/JOBGKIdy7P8
- “Optimum Compaction Conditions at Municipal Solid Waste Landfills”, by James L. Hanson, Cal Poly San Luis Obispo, and Nazli Yesiller, Global Waste Research Institute, USA. https://youtu.be/hviUpP-Xc_0
- “Dynamic Compaction on Municipal Solid Waste Sites”, by Dimitrios Zekkos, University of California, Berkeley, USA. https://youtu.be/OHMHwhLSQx4