The Charges to the Outreach and Engagement Committee are to:
- develop a robust program and process to engage the full breadth of our members within the Institute;
- provide leadership and raises awareness in all matters of the value of our diverse membership;
- develop programs to reach out to and engage broader community groups and organization that impact or are impacted by work of Geo-professionals;
- design programs to encourage equitable opportunity for full participation of all people within the profession;
- collaborate with GI committees such as Student Leadership Council (SLC) to increase the interaction between different GI groups;
- proactively partner with other Geo-Institute committees, the ASCE Committee on Diversity and Inclusion and with other affiliated organizations, to maximize effectiveness and minimize duplication of efforts in areas of mutual interest related to matters of outreach and engagement of all members regardless of diversities such as race, ethnicity, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, nationality or physical challenges.
Menzer Pehlivan, Chair